Friday, September 21, 2007

B-u-r-g-e-r
I know that I'm probably not the only person out there that find pregnant women utterly hilarious at times. Angie is taking pregnancy in stride and has a good laugh at herself and her new body every once in a while, but since I've mentioned the eating thing a few times before I thought I'd share a story with you.

Trigger (above) has been around for over a decade, and he's picked up some good bits of English along the way. He knows just what "dinner" is, "toy", "lay-down", "speak", all the usual stuff. But unless you want to commit yourself to some time outside walking around the neighborhood, don't say "outside", and definitely steer clear of "walk". These are are amongst the words we casually use between ourselves by spelling them when in the presence of Trigger. Luckily he's none the wiser when we're not in the mood.

Angie, now that she's eating for two and getting some cravings for America's finest, has adopted similar traits. Say "burger" and its pretty certain that's what's for dinner. Too bad she can spell, I'm getting over-burgered. Gotta go...Fuddrucker's Takeout tonight.

No comments: