Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good Neighbor Pet Sitting & Son
As some of you may  know, I started a pet care business here in The Woodlands area when we returned home from Wales called Good Neighbor Pet Sitting.  I started the business when we found out Angie was pregnant with Alan, and it was formed with the knowledge that I could continue the business and be a stay-at-home Dad.  Now that Alan has arrived, and it being mere days before Angie returns to work, I thought it would be as good a time as any to get Alan out and start walking some dogs.  So when one of my first clients, Sam (pictured above), came calling I knew it would be the ideal situation for us.  Sam is a sweet little dog with a quiet disposition that just loves to walk, he's one of the best clients I have.

Here's how it went down as I worked a 7 week old into my work schedule:

12.35pm: Alan is pulled from his sound asleep position on the couch and placed (swaddle and all) in the car seat.

12.36-12.55pm: Alan remains sound asleep in the car seat until we get to Sam's house, where I remove him from the car seat and place him in the Baby Bjorn child carrier.  He's still asleep.

12.55-1.20pm: We Walk Sam through his normal routes, all the while staying comfortably asleep.

1.20pm: Alan is removed from the Baby Bjorn and placed back in the car seat, where he promptly starts crying.

1.20-1.40pm: A very loud car ride ends with a reunion with Mom, from whom he gets some much-deserved nourishment.

Not a bad start to things, but it can pretty much only go downhill from here.  Oh, and we have a preliminary agreement that Alan makes 5%.  He's not such a good negotiator, yet.

No comments: