Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One of the Lower Points of My Life
I knew it would be hard with Angie gone to leave me to my own devices here in Swansea, but to encounter what I did tonight was not in my most imaginative dreams. This may be the first political post I've ever made, and probably the last. As I went out for a pint tonight at The Pumphouse I unfortunately became the soundboard for anti-Americanism. I cannot describe my feelings about this moment in time, other than to say that it broke my heart. I know that being an American in this day and age has it caveats, but to be at the end of a verbal thrashing as I was tonight had different meaning. I am not ashamed to be an American by any means, but to know that even I can be placed in the same sentence as George W. Bush in the way that I was is a cancer on the human condition. It was a unique and regretful experience, I feel sorry for America.

No comments: